ホ―ン です[ ☆ Thoughts affect all of us, the question is, are they empowering or disempowering? ☆ ]

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Phone Scam..

It's already 2010 and yet.. The phone scam still exist.. This is really an outdated scam. Do they think they can successfully con people? I just got 1 call last Monday. It was a china lady, as her slang is very easy to be recognize. She asked whether I know how to listen to mandarin annot. Yes was my answer and she told me she was from a company in Hong Kong. She repeated so many times her company name but I still didn't hear what was the name. LOL!!! Maybe I don't understand.



Then she asked for my name and I told her my chinese name. I already knew it was a scam and I just want to know how they do their scamming thingy. Then she told me the company will held an activity at Sg Wang Plaza in the afternoon and I was invited to attend. The reason for the activity held was to open the market and to promote about their company. I was given a 4 digit lucky number and she hang the phone.
The next day, she called again but I didn't answer. LOL.
I thought she will give up on me, who knows, after another day she called up. I answered and recorded the whole conversation. She started with telling me she was from the ___ company and asked whether I remember annot. I only 'aa aa'.. 'remember remember'.. she told me my lucky number and then asked whether did i go to the activity last Monday. I said no, and she told to wait awhile, as she check my number at the computer. I can hear the typing sound of keyboard.. VERY CLEAR!! LOL. People nowadays really good in acting. LOL.


Here comes the funny part...
She said: 'Waaaa, Ms. Ng, you are so lucky! You won our 3rd prize at the lucky draw that day. Congratulation! Waaa, you are really so lucky! The 3rd prize worth 8.6 million US dollar. Waa, you are so lucky!'
REALLY SO FUNNY to hear that, I didn't give any respond but i tried to fake it out. Gosh.. behh tahan.. 'ohhhh...yameh yameh, what am i goin' to do now?' I wonder if she realize that I didn't fall to her trap.. Anyway, she quickly ask me to spell my name and wanna get my IC number. I went silence for awhile and started to question her, what with the IC number? She said to check whether got such person (me) annot. I denied to give her and I told her that I willingly to go to the company and fill up forms. Very spontaneously she answered that they don't have branch in M'sia, the HQ is at Hong Kong. Then as I missed out the activity that day, she will follow up me and help me to fill the form. And also told me that she can't do anyhing with my IC number. So, i asked for her company website. She told me that i'm so difficult to get and their website yesterday started in maintainance. LOL!!! Many reasons huh~~


Then i hung up the phone and ignore the call. Cause i wanna have my lunch and i don't want to be disturb. LOL!!!! But then i answered and asked her to call up after 1 hour. She said very dfficult to get to me.. So she give me her number which was so long and started with 00852....... I tried to call, but didn't get thru also.. So~ no care lo... thought can continue the scam game.. I already decided to give her a fake IC, see whether she really can check annot. But then she didn't call up that day.


The next morning, she called again lehhh!!! means she still haven gave up. LOL
but I'm already not in the mood to play with her. LOL
I wanted to play till the end, until i got the banking account. Sure she will give me a banking account because the scams will goes like; asking the victim to pay for processing fees etc and a banking account will be given so that the victim can bank in the money before claiming their prize.
I was hoping to get the bank account and report to the police. Joel told me that it is useless because no prove at all saying they are actually conning.. Haizz...
Is there really anyway to catch this cheaters???? People, don't simply trust the calls from unknown and get greedy.. SURVEY 1st.

2 comments:

Foxngn said...

LoL... remind me of the old days, where i kept rejected her by saying busy busy bsuy, until she get frustrated & scold me some vulgar words, farney sial...

Unknown said...

LOL! mine this one very patient with me..
XD
i think she is still a newbie..
the way she said really not convincing at all..
LOL